Porsche Plano - Wheel damage from delivery clamps
I bought a new Porsche Macan from Porsche of Plano. We live near San Antonio and I took the car to Porsche of San Antonio for its first routine service.
They washed the car in a detailed manner and some damage markings appeared on the wheels. The San Antonio dealer didn't change the tires or wheels nor has the car ever been through an automated car wash with self propelled tracks. Porsche of San Antonio management said the symmetric indentions in each wheel were apparently from clamps used during vehicle transport. There are multiple identical clamp marks and chips on each wheel.
The manager at San Antonio said it appeared the wheels were clamped from the inside-out.
Porsche of Plano claims they had nothing to do with these wheel damages and Porsche North America also claims no responsibility for the damages. It's my opinion that Porsche Plano may have used products and covered up the wheel damages that were revealed when Porsche of San Antonio cleaned the wheels. The damage to each wheel was definitely not caused by me.
When I submitted the damages to Porsche of Plano, they offered a "fix" discount, not to replace the wheels with new ones. I bought a new car with new wheels, and Porsche should replace them with new wheels. I thought it odd that when I signed the papers to buy a new car, Porsche of Plano had me sign an as-is form saying there was no damage to the car. Now I understand why they did that.
It seems like they knew about the damaged wheels. This has been a terrible experience, and when I asked Porsche of Plano for help they became defensive and rude.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- 2015 Porsche Macan S
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I purchased an Apex TT. Before I even picked up the trailer the dealership had to replace the overhead awning because it was broken. I've been on 2 local trips...."
- "We purchased a new 2010 Outback 30 ft travel trailer by Keystone. Approximately 2 years after purchase the decals starting peeling off. Keystone said they only have a 1 yr..."
- "First I must say that out dealer in Akron, General RV, has been considerate and helpful . As far as the Mirada by Coachman of Forest River Inc. goes, it..."
- "I have been a customer of GVTC for almost a year now. I have called customer service so many times I have lost count. I have had technicians..."
- "STAY AWAY from this "shop" unless you want to pay a whole lot of money and wait for 6 months or more for a destroyed vehicle. We took a vehicle..."
- "True green is horrible. I am actually asking them for money back. By the way. I have weeds all over my yard..."
- "This the 3rd times happened to. Always wrong items i am receiving. The first one wrong item i ordered 1 set of (6pcs)lagguage bag but its came to me different..."
- "This *** company is a scam. They take your *** money and make you jump through hoops to get it back. I put $280 on a reloadit card to send someone..."
- "This is the work of Appliances done right! They said they provided a 90 day warranty, but they will not come out and fix the issues I'm having. ..."